Wednesday 29 May 2013

A small misjudgement...

All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!)


And a rather expensive loss.

I tried to engage a Gnosis and a Hurricane with my Sleipnir, I had a Hurricane and Gila in support, but the Gnosis' tank was unbelievable, hero reps just as we thought we broke him, but the combined fire-power of two battlcruisers and sentries was enough to relieve me of The Fifth Elephant, my long serving Sleipnir. They also killed the Gila and Hurricane o_0

In hindsight we should have switched primary to the Hurricane but c'est la vie.

I'm feeling rather sheepish after this loss :(


2 comments:

Sard Caid said...

yeah, dual X-L ASBs on a gnosis are pretty amazing. I'm sure it was paired with off grid boosts, pill and pirate imps, though I can only assume you had the same.

gfgf, old friend dies a good death.

Unknown said...

:(

“You did something because it had always been done, and the explanation was, ‘But we’ve always done it this way.’ A million dead people can’t have been wrong, can they?” xD

say hi to midnight, if you see him...